Monday, May 17, 2010

fargo lifestyle photography

Babies babies, everywhere! The newborn babies are popping out a lot lately around here.  Just an FYI, that I do schedule newborn sessions a bit differently than other sessions.  First, I like to get them in within the first two weeks.  If I'm able to get them in during that time, the session is free!  Next, I schedule extra time for them including a tentative session the following day- just in case we get a crabby/sleepy/awake baby and don't get all the shots we hoped for.  Finally, I come to your home.  This is the biggest thing for new parents, no toting out every potential thing you may or may not need for pictures and dealing with the extra stress. I can bring backdrops, lighting, and whatever else you'd want for a traditional studio session right to you.  All of this is included standard and there are no extra fees.  You can take your time feeding baby, changing diapers, and picking last minute clothing changes.

 

My regular booking schedule is generally a couple weeks out- however, because I do cover a lot of NB sessions they are already accounted for in my schedule.  In other words, its easier to get on my calendar if I know you’re due between x date and x date and want a newborn session that it is to get a family session scheduled.  Another part of that, is most family sessions tend to be in evening/weekends because of work schedules.  The bonus with babies is at least one parent is home full time for the first few weeks which makes it much easier for us to arrange a time to get together.

 

If you want to give me the heads up on your impending arrival, please just email or call me to let me know so I can be ready :)  Also know, that I am one of the few lifestyle photographers in town that will also take pictures of your infants birth.  A flat fee includes me at the hospital (or your home if you are having a homebirth) taking pictures throughout the wonderful event- and discreetly during times that are a bit more, well, yucky.  I am also a trained doula having attended a number of births, so I can be there for labor support as well.  Sound interested?  Or maybe you just want more info on this crazy concept?  Call or email me anytime.  Or post a thead on FB, I check that much more often than blog notes!