Friday, May 21, 2010

Tips & Tricks ~ Workflow

While its important to try to get the best shot possible straight from the camera, a little post-processing is usually a good thing.  I shoot in RAW then import using Adobe Lightroom.  I do minor adjustments to exposure, color, contrast, and cropping from there.  Then I will save the files in the .jpg format.  I will then divide those jpg images into subfolders to decide which ones will get what type of advanced processing.  If there are skin blemishes or backgrounds that need to be cloned I do that step next. I then use a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop called OnOne and run various conversions to finish up.

 

Hopefully you’ll find this info helpful!  I know all the software I use is available for trial version downloads online.  If you are a student or educator you may also qualify for an educational discount on Adobe products.